Andrew Protogyrou is a top-rated attorney known throughout Virginia. He has served or tried hundreds of jury trials in Federal Court and every Hampton Roads jurisdiction. Sometimes his jury trials may last a day or two, others may last months. He spends most morning in trial or motions in the General District and Circuit Courts.
He is know for handling the highest profile cases in Hampton Roads that normally end up in the evening news or morning newspaper.
Mr. Protogyrou has handled hundreds of murder cases in Federal and State courts including appeals and Habeas Corpus matters in the Virginia and United States Supreme Court.
He has taught law internationally and been interviewed by CNN, local and national television, Russian, Italian and Greek media outlets.
Mr. Protogyrou can often be found teaching legal seminars to fellow attorneys or speaking on a variety of legal topics.
Mr. Protogyrou served as a substitute judge throughout Hampton Roads in the General District and Juvenile and Domestic Relations courts for five years.
He has also served as a council member for the City of Norfolk for six years garnering an insider’s knowledge of city government and its process.
- Norfolk City Council, elected 2010;
- Chair Highway and Safety Committee;
- Finance, Administration and Economic Development Council Committee;
- Co-chair Transportation and Infrastructure Council Committee;
- Chairman, Hampton Roads Regional Jail;
- Substitute Judge, Norfolk General District & Juvenile Domestic Relations Court, 2006-2010;
- Chairman, City of Norfolk Electoral Board, 2000-2003;
- Gubernatorial appointment to the Citizen’s Advisory Committee to the Chesapeake Bay Executive Council, 2002 and 2006;
- Virginia State Crime Commission, Indigent Defense Study Committee, 2002